Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First Scarf Progress


Since this is my first attempt at cables I used the yarn that was handy and worsted weight. That meant Red Heart Super Saver acrylic. Before I officially tried to join this KAL I started the scarf using the pattern provided. I have been working on it at home mostly.

At this point it is about 31 inches long and I am still on the first skein. Although I am still having problems keeping my tension even, I think I have been getting better with the cables. The attached device in the pic is just a simple row counter that I made so I don't lose track. It needs some work since I did not have something that would definitely prevent beads moving on or off the inner counting ring. So I try to complete the cable row before having to put it away while commuting.

1 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Looks like your first attempts are very good. Nice job!

Wed Aug 16, 01:59:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home