Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Irish Hiking Cabled Cellphone / Camera Cover


Here it is. I made this yesterday and it was quick and painless. This is my version of the Irish Hiking Cell Phone / Camera Cover. I used Muench Touch Me Chenille which I would say I would not recommend to the new knitter. I loved the texture of the yarn but it worms something awful. One comment please. The 2 pictures were taken on 2 different cameras. The close up of the stitch is the more true to color of the photos'. I had to use my husbands camera to take the photo so you could see what I made it for. Since the yarn I used was bulky it turned out just right. Sorry that the photo is not that great but I wanted to get it done and posted before I leave this morning.

Pattern as followed:
US#8 DPN
Muench Touch Me (Chenille) - several yards not much

C6F - Slip 3 sts to cable needle and hold in front of work, knit 3,
knit 3 sts from cable needle
Casted on 32 over 3 needles
(Sts per Needle for the Pattern to work 11/10/11)
Join together and work in the round.
Row 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7: K3, P2, K6, P2, K6, P2, K6, P2, K3.
Row 8: K3, P2, C6F, P2, K6, P2, C6F, P2, K3.
Repeat Rows 1-8 three more times. For a total of 4 sets of cables.
Repeat Rows 1-4 one time so that the cable is not right at the edge of the bind off.
Bind off doing the Live Needle Bind Off or Three Needle Bind Off

I hope you enjoy this version of my cell phone cover / camara cover. I simply posted my verison of this pattern since I was unable to get the pattern from the link at the knitty coffeeshop.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy this pattern.

1 Comments:

Blogger knottyknitpicks said...

that looks great! I made one back in June 2005 (you can find it on my post) and i posted my pattern using DB Cashmerino on my July 1, 2005 post. I've also linked some other cell phone cozy others have made somewhere on my blog, too. this is such a quick and easy knit!

Thu Dec 01, 01:48:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home