Thursday, December 02, 2004

Wrist Warmer Pattern Modifications

Ok, here is the pattern modification for the wrist warmers (changes are in RED)

Worked flat, then seamed up at the end. I used Cascade 220 and size 8 needles

Cast on 40 stitches.
Row 1. (WS) K1, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K1
Row 2. (RS) K3, P2, K6, P2, K2, P2, K6, P2, K2, P2, K6, P2, K3
Row 3. (WS) REPEAT ROW 1.
Row 4. (RS) REPEAT ROW 2.
Row 5. (WS) REPEAT ROW 1.
Row 6. (RS) REPEAT ROW 2.
Row 7. (WS) REPEAT ROW 1.
Row 8. (RS) K3, P2, C6F, P2, K2, P2, C6F, P2, K2, P2, C6F, P2, K3

Do 4 Repeats. On the 5th Repeat, work rows 1-5 (finish WS row)
Next row, begin ribbing
Work 8 rows of 1x1 Ribbing
Cast Off

Begin seaming from the top. Seam the ribbed area, then leave a 1 1/2 inch hole for your thumb. Resume seaming using the mattress stitch to create the illusion of the double rib pattern (See photo in previous entry).

Hope that makes sense. I am new at writing up patterns :)

Have a great night!

DELIA
wineandneedles.blogspot.com


9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Delia,

Thank you! I was going to modify a glove cuff to do this, but I'm in love with the wrist warmers now. I'm definitely going to do them. I'll post pics when I finish my scarf and start the warmers.

Amanda D.

Fri Dec 03, 03:12:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering how many yards this took. I'm about to start, and I want to make sure I've got enough yarn. Thanks!

Fri Jun 03, 09:32:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for post the pattern. i had alot of fun making them!

Mon Oct 10, 11:37:00 AM CDT  
Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

May I ask just how much yarn you think it takes for these? I am wanting to make it with some yarn that I have but I am not sure if I have enough. I did not see the amount posted so if possible do you happen to remember? Just wondering.

Sat Nov 26, 01:56:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I e-mailed you but thought I'd post as well. Why not do these in the round? I hate working on flat knitting so was just wondering.

Fri Dec 02, 07:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger knit_chick said...

You certainly can knit them in the round, but this particular KAL member chose to knit it flat & was kind enough to share it.

Fri Dec 02, 09:27:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A quick question for you... what does "C6F" mean? I can't find a reference to it anywhere that explains it. I'm new at knitting but I'd love to make these for my boyfriend.

Julie

Sun May 21, 10:04:00 AM CDT  
Blogger knit_chick said...

C6F means to Cable 6 Front. This is the cable used in the Irish Hiking Scarf and the above wrist warmer pattern.

Please check the left side bar of this KAL blog under Need cabling help?. You should see a link to "Abbreviations". There is a description of C6F there.

Also under Need cabling help? is a direct link to the Knitting for Dummies website that shows you how to make the cable. The other two links go to tutorials on cabling without a cable needle, both tutorials using a C6F as the example.

The last link shows a cabling video, as well.

Sun May 21, 06:35:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Amanda said...

This is an excellent little pattern, well written, well done! I started making it on a Friday night for my MIL's birthday present (the Saturday afternoon just 24 hours after that) and happily wrapped and handed them to her in plenty of time. Excellent one skein, last minute gift pattern!

Tue Oct 19, 12:48:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home