Monday, November 21, 2005

Beginnings of a scarf

Hi all,

I've been keeping an eye on this knitalong for quite some time, but I only recently received the yarn for my Irish Hiking Scarf and I finally cast on this weekend. This scarf was meticulously picked out by the recipient - the colors and the pattern. I have to say that is probably a good thing b/c I know she will like it.

The yarn is Knit Picks Panache. Definitely more expensive than most Knit Picks yarn, but it is SOFT!!!! I am also making a hat with it right now - I don't know how great that will work because it doesn't seem to have much bounce, but it seems to be knitting up into a scarf quite well so far. The recommended needle size is 9-11. I started on 10.5's - WAY too loose (and I am normally either right on with needle size or have to go up 1 size). This time I am using 9's and that seems to work pretty well, although it could certainly be knit with 8's. Also, b/c it is a fairly bulky yarn, I am only doing two cable repeats, so this should be a pretty quick knit.


Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful pictures!

-Becky in Austin
www.BeckyandDaniel.com/knitting

2 Comments:

Blogger Bear Knits said...

It looks great! I'm currently swatching with KP Panache another scarf myself.

Wed Nov 23, 09:13:00 AM CST  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks lovely! I like the colours you have chosen. :)

Thu Nov 24, 04:04:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home