Sunday, November 13, 2005

Rowan Aran

Has anyone tried to knit this scarf with Rowan Aran? I am having a tough time getting gauge with it. I'm using size 6 needles and after I cast on 42 stitches the scarf measures about 9 inches across! I can't imagine knitting an Aran weight yarn on size 3 needles. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I hate to give up this yarn because I just love the color. And, I bought six skeins so that I could make the hat and wrist warmers.

Needing advice,
Rebecca

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

In general, since it is a scarf, I would say to not worry about gauge. So what if your scarf is a bit wider than others'? Since you are planning wrist warmers and hat, I would just make a note of my gague and then do the multiplication to edit the number of stitches etc.

Mon Nov 14, 12:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sonya said...

I wouldn't worry about gauge either. Mine is about 6" wide and I wish it were a bit wider. This one's a gift, but I'll do the next one for me with a larger needle.

Mon Nov 14, 09:03:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home