Thursday, August 10, 2006

My first few inches of Irish Scarf

Hello, dear friends!

I joined both KAL (the Irish Hiking Scarf and the Conquering Cables). Since the project applies to both, here it is. I have begun my very first scarf with cables... following the pattern given by the blog's homepage. I am enjoying this very much. It knits up quite quickly, and the cable isn't difficult... I bought a cable needle and I enjoy it, although sometimes I am not very sure how to handle it when it's hanging in front of work. Sometimes it gets stucked with the work while I am trying to knit the first three stitches before those on the cable.. oh well :) About the yarn: It's called "Colore", by "Rubí" - this is made in Seville. I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the Internet. I am afraid it is an obscure brand made exclusively for a big commercial centre (El corte inglés). Anyway, here is the beginning of the scarf.

**** ******** ********* ************* **** ** * * *** *****************

The yarn is multicoloured but the cables show up nicely. It really looks lovely, more than in the photographs (isn't that frustrating?). Anyway, I am going to continue this. I have two balls... it should server. They measure some 260meters together.

Would love to hear your comments :) Look how it mixes in a lovely way with my "ocean" ribbing scarf (also under "construction" :D
Love,
Flavio

5 Comments:

Blogger Kaity said...

Yours it the first scarf I've commented on. Although they all turn out soooo pretty, they tend to look similar. Yours is so cool! I love the colors! I would so wear that! Very "outstanding", heh heh, get it?

Thu Aug 10, 09:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Bobo said...

Wow! That is the most beautiful colorway I've ever seen. And you're doing a fantastic job with the cables! Way to go!

Thu Aug 10, 09:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Wow! Thank you so much, I am so happy to read that! It's a great encouragement to go on :)

Lots of love!
Flavio :)

PS: Aren't colours lovely!

Fri Aug 11, 08:51:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Great looking scarf, Flavio! I love 'El corte inglés', such a fun store!

Sat Aug 12, 02:23:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Flavio83 said...

Hello! Yes it is :) I am so glad they opened one in my city. They have this "knitting corner" with all accessories and lots of yarn! :) wow :)

I usually chat with the woman there about projects and needles. It's such fun! Sometimes it looks like I am the only client :D

Love,
Fla

Sat Aug 12, 04:50:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home