Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Irish Hiking Saga

Now that it's been sitting around languishing for a week or two, I finally got around to taking pictures of my completed Hiking Scarf!

This scarf has also had the most exciting life of anything I have made to date. During its creation, it's seen:
  • A lay-off
  • A contract extension
  • Three tornado warnings (that didn't amount to anything at all)
  • One trip to the emergency room
  • A hospital Stay
  • One ninth birthday party

(Surprisingly enough, and perhaps disappointingly, all of the aforementioned events were unrelated.)

I thought it was kind of silly, though, to be making a scarf so close to spring. Thought it was kind of a waste that it probably wouldn't get used for another six months or so... but I forgot something vital! I live in Kansas! Springtime in Kansas means a psychotic roller coaster ride of rocketing to 80 degrees, plummeting to 20 degrees, digging yourself out of a late-season snow only to get blown away by a tornado that weeked. (Ok, it's not THAT bad, but still...) Point being: it snowed a couple of weeks ago, and I got to wear my scarf!

Thanks for looking. :)

Irish Hiking Scarf

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love this colorway. What yarn did you use so that I may copy it blatantly?

It's really lovely. I am going to start one soon, even though the trees are leafing out. It's a nice distraction -project while I knit other more complicated, mind numbing things. :-)

Tue Apr 04, 03:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Leigh said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

I used Knit One, Crochet Too Paintbox yarn in Tandoori.

Wed Apr 05, 02:51:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a wonderful piece of work. Just beautiful. Expect a lot of people to want one too!

Wed Apr 05, 06:16:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow it's gorgeous--and so nicely blocked. How did you get it so flat? Very nice work!

Wed Apr 05, 09:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Leigh said...

add_knitter - I don't think I really did anything special when I blocked it (unless "special" = "not quite right").

All I did was pin it to my floor and spray it with water. Then I decided it still wasn't quite right, so I misted it with more water, but used a hot iron on it. (Didn't actually iron it; just waved the iron about 1/2" over it.)

Thanks! :)

Fri Apr 07, 02:29:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home