Saturday, December 03, 2005

Mission accomplished!

At over a year on the needles, my Irish Hiking Scarf takes the cake (by far) when it comes to procrastination. Though I love, love, love how it turned out, this was one tedious knit for me especially since I knit the whole thing tightly through the back loop.

I knit it out of Clasic Elite 03 Tweed (2 and a half skeins) and US7 needles and did the second half without a cable needle (so much quicker). I hope that my father-in-law, the lucky giftee, will love it as much as I do. Here's a close-up shot.

I haven't blocked it yet and was wondering whether doing so it worthwhile? I kind of like how the cables look unblocked...though it is a little narrow. Any thoughts?

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

Hello Saleknitter,

I knit it through the back loop to keep it nice and tight. For some reason, when I knit cables normally, the stitch after the cable (or any switch from knit to purl) ends up loose and sloppy no matter how tight I try to make it.

Cheers!

Mon Dec 05, 10:15:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home