Thursday, November 09, 2006

I haven't started yet

I love the pictures of the scarves that I've seen so far. I haven't started mine yet, as I just can't decide what yarn to use. I am thinking that this weekend I might go pick up some natural wool from Ram Wools and try doing the kool-aid dyeing for the first time. Any suggestions? Do I knit the scarf first and then dye it or do I dye the yarn, then knit the scarf?

Any tips would be so very appreciated! I bought kool-aid last spring with the idea of dyeing some yarn, but haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet.

Sarah

4 Comments:

Blogger g-girl said...

I've never dyed anything but I think it would make more sense to dye your yarn before you start knitting it up. good luck!

Thu Nov 09, 03:09:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I too have a stash of Koolaid which I very much want to use to create wild and wacky colourways, but haven't got round to it yet! I agree with g-girl that it would be a good idea to dye BEFORE knitting.

Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

Fri Nov 10, 01:29:00 PM CST  
Blogger prairiegirl said...

That's kind of what I figured too - just wanted some reassurance I guess. Maybe this weekend is the weekend to try it! Wish me luck!

Sarah

Fri Nov 10, 03:50:00 PM CST  
Blogger g-girl said...

good luck! post a pic of how it came out too! :)

Fri Nov 10, 10:29:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home