Sunday, January 29, 2006

One done, another one on the way

Here are the long due photos of the Irish hiking scarves.
I finished the first one about 3 weeks ago. I am not sure I like the stripes, and I should have used smaller needles for the ribbing but hey, you learn as you go. I wanted it wider so I added a 4th cable.
Then I started another cable scarf, using Andean silk from Knitpicks - I love the yarn and the colour. Here, to make it wider, I added 2 stitches between each cable.
Striped Cable Scarf
3 skeins Patons Classic Wool in Worn Denim, Grey Mix and Aran White
Needles US6
Cinammon Cable Scarf
5 skeins Andean Silk in Cinammon
Needles US7

4 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Isn't it wonderful working with the Andean Silk?

Sun Jan 29, 11:25:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Both are quite lovely. I bet that Andean Silk is yummy...

Sun Jan 29, 12:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger . said...

Love the different colors!

Mon Jan 30, 04:49:00 PM CST  
Blogger C+SK said...

Yeah, Andean Silk truly is a great yarn, very soft and easy to work with!

Tue Jan 31, 02:34:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home