Friday, October 06, 2006

Is it better to have loved and lost?

About 5 years ago I bought a beautiful red scarf while on holidays in Katoomba. It was the most wonderful, bright, clear, red woollen scarf, (woven not knitted) It felt wonderful against the skin even though it was pure wool. It was made in Scotland and was very expensive, I would never have paid the full price(even though it was worth it) but the shop was closing down and it was half price. I loved that scarf. A few years later while again on holidays, this time in Melbourne, I was shopping with a friend on Bridge Road during the sales. It was a very cold day, we were dressed in coats and I was wearing my red scarf. We went into a crowded shop and were trying on jackets. I took off my coat and left it with my bag on the floor between my feet, but placed the red scarf on the clothes rack in front of me. In hindsight it was a negligent thing to do, but we had been in and out of shops taking coats on and off and I had become blase. But the scarf was only a few feet away and I could see it right in front of my eyes. But then I turned to look at what my friend was tyring on. When I turned back the scarf was gone. You might think , well it was just a scarf, but I loved that scarf. I have never been able to find another scarf that is quite as beautiful a shade of red but the wool I have chosen for my IHS is getting close. I'm starting to feel that I might love this scarf as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

It looks like you found a replacement that you will probably cherish longer since you are the one who has made it. It's very pretty!

Fri Oct 06, 02:50:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home