Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Running in late, I'm psyched to have started my scarf

My husband was starting to get a bit pouty about my knitting for everyone but him ... well, he can complain no longer.

I started the scarf this afternoon, and it's going really quickly. I also followed the instructions for cabling without a needle ... what a great trick. I'm going to be making this scarf extra long (my husband is 6'7", a 5' scarf won't do), and it's shaping up to be the perfect project to while away the hours at my son's swim meets (he swims two events, each event takes about 30 seconds, and they are always scheduled hours apart. Sigh.).

I'm using Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted, in "Bulldog Blue". Once this is done, I'm making myself the same scarf, in Lamb's Pride "Kiwi", with the Coronet hat from Knitty. (I'll post a picture later ... I tried to post one just now, but it was huge and sort of fuzzy.)

Thanks for letting me join so late in the game! I doubt I'll get both scarves done in the next four weeks, but then again ... there are four swim meets this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home