Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Irish Hiking Scarf with Office Still Life


I'm knitting this Irish Hiking Scarf for my sister's boyfriend (yes, he does understand the meaning and significance of a handknit!) out of Rowanspun Aran in the colorway Caviar. I don't believe any other knitalong participants have used this yarn. It has been been discontinued by Rowan and is available for very reasonable prices in a limited number of colorways at Cucumberpatch. Although not the softest choice, the yarn is a beautiful tweed with flecks of green, orange, red and purple on a medium earthy brown background.

Stefanie

4 Comments:

Blogger g-girl said...

that yarn is really nice! I hadn't even thought about a tweed yarn for this scarf. So many variations!

Tue Nov 07, 11:34:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tricoquine said...

Cheers. I think tweed is a good alternative to variegated yarn if you want to add color and texture without being too busy...

Wed Nov 08, 07:03:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree with Tricoquine, the tweed looks great! I was considering a blue-ish grey tweed when I started but I had a hard time figuring out exactly what kind of blue grey I was looking for. I'm glad to see the tweed works so well, good luck!

Thu Nov 09, 09:51:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tricotine said...

That tweedy yarn looks great! :-)

Tue Nov 14, 02:49:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home