Saturday, September 23, 2006

My knitting rambles

My knitting rambles

Oh my I haven't been posting here for so long I am so embarrassed. Well my daughters sculpture and pictures didn't win anything BUT she got 2 red ribbons and 1 yellow for her targets from 4-H sharpshooters,My other daughter only got a yellow ribbon as she didn't keep her targets safe to enter them in the fair. The presentations went great though!!!

And once again the snake went missing, found him in a draw and put him back thought I fixed the problem and he is out again. He needs to eat so I hope I find him soom. This time I know haow to fix him so he cannot get out again! I am putting the screening inside as well as outside of his cage top!!

Well we got our chickens this year finally!!! We got a 12 week old black silky , a 14 week old silver wyndacote and a 7 month or older silver speckled Hamburg, all hens all bantams!!

I have finished nothing this summer but one baby blanket and I don't feel it is good enough to give.. I am still working on the afghan from H**l for my daughter,my shawl of odds and ends and another baby blanket.

I have been diagnosed with having a heel spur and have gotten a shot that is helping but I have to ice/heat treat it at least 2 x a day!!
In between all of this I have gotten my girls room spotlessly cleaned except for the 11 year olds closet. I dread that job and have decided that it will be a project we will tackle together!! I will hopefully have all new windows upstairs before it gets cold so that will help a whole lot this winter.
Of course when your house is over 100 years old no job is easy!!
My Husband is working on the bathroom and it might actually be done by Halloween, He is also working on the dining room ceiling finally so it will be nice for the holidays!! I think I might actually have dinner at my house this year.

I have to really get knitting as I want to make things for gifts for Christmas. Scarves and hats so they are easy gifts also have sewing to do

this weekend I am going to be knitting a 9x9 square or 2 for a blanket that someone from a forum I am on is making for her neighbor who's health is failing and doesn't look like he will get the transplant he needs.

I figured that is something easy to do and it will use up some of my yarn. I am going to use some of the homespun mill ends that I have so it
will be easy.

Well the world keeps spinning and I just need to keep things together so that we can be together.
I have gotten rid of my family room furniture and things out of my dining room so I am going to be looking for "new"furniture soon. I have the battle of paint to still win so that the house is colors I want not just Beige!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home