Thursday, August 10, 2006

My First Scarf!

I finished my Irish Hiking Scarf at the end of June but haven't had the time to post. So here it is:

Yarn: Karabella - 2 balls Aurora 8 color #1350 & 4 balls Aurora Bulky Melange color #007/AB7
Yardage:
Just under 420 yards used - end weight 10 ounces - 64 inches long
Yarn Source:
Jimmy Beans Wool - Reno
Needles:
Lantern Moon - Rosewood US 8 / 5mm - I also used a bamboo cable needle and a plastic clover cable needle. I prefer the bamboo because it allowed for more control, although the dip in the plastic needle was nice as it put the needle down a bit out of the way.
Gauge:
I didn't pay attention to gauge as it was a scarf, although it does seem to be in line with the scarves dimensions overall.
Modifications:
I used two weights of yarn in two different colors.
Notes:
This is the first scarf I have ever completed. It was the second scarf I started, but things took a bad turn with the RockStar Scarf. :P I started it on April 21st. Considering I had only just started to teach myself to knit on March 25th I'd say that's not too shabby. ;)

Here is a picture of it while I was making it:

1 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

I love the pink and white combo. Great job!

Thu Aug 10, 01:59:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home