Friday, October 07, 2005

new here

I started knitting on the Irish Hiking Scarf a week ago or something like that and thought I'd better join this KAL!
I'm making it in Drops Alpaca, colour way 3900. I'm knitting with two strands of yarn on 5 mm needles to get the right gauge. So far the scarf is 105 cm and if I use four balls of Alpaca (200g of yarn) the scarf will be about 160 cm. I don't know if I want it that long though, how long have you made yours?

here's a picture of my progress
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just love it and can't wait til I can wear it. When I'm done with the scarf I'm planning to make a hat to go with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

I think the beauty of this scarf is that the longer it is the better! I plan to knit mine till I run out of yarn, unless I decide to knit a matching hat to go with it.

Fri Oct 14, 10:37:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home