Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Finally!

After a couple of false starts, my dad's scarf is finally underway. I decided he was more of a charcoal tweedy kind of guy, rather than a natural wool aran kind of guy. I am going to finish the one I started in a bulky aran wool - I think I will keep that one for myself!

The yarn is Karabella Soft Tweed, color 1020. Really soft! I've knitted up one skein so far, and used a new (for me) technique, a Russian join to splice in the second skein. Yay, no ends to weave in! Now I just need to get it done so I can ship it on Friday.





3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Your scarf looks great! What is the "Russian join"? Can you recommend a website where I can learn how to do this? Thanks so much and happy knitting!

Thu Dec 16, 11:39:00 AM CST  
Blogger laurelann said...

Lily, the Russian join is a way to invisibly splice yarn together into one continuous strand, thus neatly avoiding loose ends to weave in. Here's the website I used for instructions:

Russian Join

Sat Dec 18, 09:02:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of your scarf. Fabulous job!!! You've insoired me to knit one for my grandson.
Would you share how many balls of the Karabella you used for the scarf and what was the length?
Chloe/ma

Wed Sep 07, 05:11:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home