Monday, September 27, 2004

Ready, Set...

My yarn arrived today -- on my birthday! I've got another project that absolutely must be finished by this weekend, but I couldn't resist; I cast on and did the first 10 rows -- my first cables! I chose the crocheted cast on, which looks a lot like the basic bind off, so both ends will look similar. I used the tip from the latest issue of Cast On! and worked the chain around the needle instead of picking up loops after. It was slower than long tail, but probably mostly because I've not used it before.

5 Comments:

Blogger TigerLily21 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.. Best wishes... your one year older now~

Tue Sep 28, 02:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hmmmm... I normally use the long tail cast on, but I may just have to check out the crochet cast on. Thanks for the tip!

And, of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-)

Tue Sep 28, 12:57:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Nolly said...

Thanks, y'all :)

Tue Sep 28, 02:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Danielle said...

Happy birthday. I am too am going to try that cast on method for this project. I glad to hear that you liked it.

D

Tue Sep 28, 06:07:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Nolly said...

It was a little awkward at first, but again, any new skill will be. After a couple of false starts, it worked just fine, and it came out more even than my usual long tail, too. I also like being able to control the tail length -- I left enough to weave, but not the huge tail I often get.

Tue Sep 28, 08:50:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home