Thursday, September 23, 2004

Howdy, gang...

This is my first exposure to a knit-along and I'm really looking forward to working on the scarf. I've not done cables before and had been looking for a simple project to practise on when Meg shared the post from the knitting LJ. Thanks for letting me play along.
Picked up the yarn today and just couldn't wait to start something new, so I kick off the pattern tonight. I have 10 rows done and I think it's looking pretty good. I really need to finish a sweater that I'm working on, but you know how it goes when you get new yarn in and it's just sitting there calling to you. Well, ok...I'll just ball the yarn. How many stitches to cast on...Well, I'll just cast it on to see how it looks. How many rows in the pattern? 10 rows later...


1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I know what you mean. Because the pattern repeat is only 8 rows long, you just keep thinking, oh I'll just work until the cable row, and then you think, oh I can work another pattern repeat. It's truly addicting!

Thu Sep 23, 06:01:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home